Performa seeks a design intern to work with our innovative team on sophisticated and forward-thinking creative projects. This position will assist on a range of design activities that could include invitations and promotional materials, Performa magazine, and PowerPoint presentations.
The time commitment for this internship is flexible, but we require candidates to commit to 16 hours per week in our Chelsea office. Qualified applicants will have digital and/or graphic design experience, a key attention to detail, a strong portfolio and have solid skills with Adobe Creative software. Benefits include invitations to performances and special events, a monthly Metrocard, and course credit in accordance with their school’s accreditation process.
To be considered for this position, please submit a current resume, cover letter of introduction, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that your email subject line reads, "DESIGN INTERNSHIP.”
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
The Major Gifts Officer will provide targeted and effective donor solicitation, stewardship, and cultivation to successfully build resources from individual donors in support of Performa's mission. The position works closely with both staff and Board to strengthen and expand programmatic and general operating support from individuals through project support, Circle membership, and special events. The Major Gifts Officer reports to the Founding Director, and works closely with the Producing Director and General Manager to support Performa's small development team on all high-level donor cultivation and solicitation and the expansion of the Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and coordinate a strategic and comprehensive plan to increase giving from major donors ($20,000+) that will support the operating and project needs of the institution for the present and the long term.
* Aggressively direct the implementation of Performa's fundraising from individuals, including the implementation of a moves management system to track prospects, from identification to closure. Key initiatives include the ongoing research, identification, and cultivation of individual donors, with particular focus on accessing new constituencies and major gift development, helping to build the Circles and Commissioning Council, securing individual support for projects and the Biennial, an increased emphasis on the effective stewardship of donors, and the productive use of research and data.
* Consistently meet with donors and qualified prospects; build and improve Performa's relationships with these individuals.
* Achieve or exceed annual financial goals for major gifts. For FY18-19, this includes increasing Circles membership, in conjunction with Manager of Individual Giving, increasing Board leadership, and increasing all other individual gifts.
* In conjunction with senior staff, our Manager of Individual Giving, and our gala consultant, achieve or exceed the annual Gala net financial goal.
* Work closely with staff and Board to maximize the effectiveness of Performa's cultivation events in order to increase revenue and help attract, retain, and steward donors.
* Prepare financial projections and revenue reports related to individual giving as requested.
* Serve as a resource to the Curatorial and Marketing teams in the design of marketable and fundable programs, and help secure new sources of funds for these programs; foster ongoing, collegial communications among the development department and other departments of the organization and the Board, and help integrate fundraising into the culture of Performa.
SALARY AND TERMS
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time permanent position with benefits.
To be considered, candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in a related field. Candidate must also possess demonstrable expertise in all the areas of responsibilities as described above, including proven development and fundraising experience in a non-profit arts organization. Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and motivational skills, a predilection for organization, superior communication skills - both written and oral, and a concrete understanding of tact and discretion. Knowledge of contact management systems, databases, research or other donor relations tools is necessary, as are superior skills working with spreadsheets, donor relationship software and word processing systems. An interest and/or experience in both pursuing and soliciting both international and city government contacts is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit a cover letter of interest to the attention of RoseLee Goldberg and a current résumé with at least three references to https://performainc.formstack.com/forms/application_major_gifts_officer