Jonathan VanDyke's Performa Project With One Hand Between Us is an improvised, sexually charged silent psychodrama referencing a wide range of cinema, from Rainer Werner Fassbinder to Japanese New Wave. Below, the artist has shared his top ten films of all time, some of which he may allude to during his five- day, forty-hour performance.
1. Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Chinese Roulette. 1976.
2. Michelangelo Antonioni, L'eclisse. 1962.
3. Pier Paolo Pasolini, Teorema. 1968.
4. Pedro Almodovar, Law of Desire. 1987.
5. Claire Denis, Beau Travail. 1999.
6. Juzo Itami, Tampopo. 1985.
7. Akira Kirosawa, Dodes'ka-den. 1970.
8. Disney, Fantasia. 1940.
9. Mark Romanek, Static. 1985.
10. Douglas Sirk, Written on the Wind. 1956.
With One Hand Between Us takes place every day Monday, November 2nd through Sunday, November 6th, 2011, from 11:30am to 7pm at Scaramouche, 52 Orchard Street, NYC.