The Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt presents a stunning retrospective by Yoko Ono. "Half-A-Wind-Show. A Retrospective." looks back at the past six decades of the artist's work, who has been a leading figure in the development of conceptual, performance, and Fluxus art, and a pioneer of avant-garde and experimental music and film.
More information about "Half-A-Wind-Show. A Retrospective." is available from Schirn.
1. Add Color Painting, 1960/1966. Paint, newspaper, tin foil on canvas. Collection of the artist. © Yoko Ono.
2. Apple, 1966. Apple, Plexiglas pedestal with brass plaque engraved: APPLE. Collection of the artist. © Yoko Ono.
3. Bed-In for Peace, 1969. Hilton Hotel, Amsterdam, 25.-31. März 1969. © Yoko Ono.
4. Blue Room Event, 1966. Detail Installation with handwritten texts. Concept collection of the artist. © Yoko Ono.
5. Ceiling Painting, Yes Painting, 1966. Text on paper, glass, metal frame, metal chain, magnifying glass, painted ladder. Collection of the artist. © Yoko Ono.
6. Cut Piece, 1965. Performed by Yoko Ono Carnegie Recital Hall, New York, 1965. Photo: Minoru Niizuma © Courtesy Lenono Photo Archive.
7. Fly, 1970. Still from 16 mm film transferred to digital. Color, sound, 25 minutes. Collection of the artist. © Yoko Ono.
8. Fly, 1996. Billboards. Concept collection of the artist. © Lenono Photo Archive.
9. Morning Beams / Riverbed, 1996. Installation view, Israel Museum, 2000 Photo: Oded Lobl. © Lenono Photo Archive.
10. Sky TV, 1966/2013. TV monitor, closed circuit video camera. Concept collection of the artist. © Yoko Ono.
11. Yoko Ono and John Lennon, War Is Over!, 1969. Billboard installed in Times Square, New York. © Yoko Ono.
12. Water Piece, 1962/1966. Sponge, eyedropper, water in glass vial on Plexiglas pedestal engraved: WATER PIECE YOKO ONO 1962 / WATER EVERY DAY. Pedestal: Collection of the artist. © Yoko Ono.
13–14. "Half-A-Wind Show. A Retrospective." Exhibition view. © Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt 2013 Photography: Norbert Miguletz.
15. Action Painting, 2013. © Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt 2013. Photography: Bernd Kammerer.
16. Sky Piece to Jesus Christ, 2013. © Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt 2013. Photography: Bernd Kammerer.
Yoko Ono, Half-A-Room, Lisson Gallery, London, 1967, photo: Anthony Cox, © Courtesy LENONO PHOTO ARCHIVE